baked three bean casserole

Thursday, January 5, 2012  at 9:46 PM
This is one of our favorites, and also one of the most horrid displays of what good food is supposed to look like  I just decided to post it last second, and we were in a rush to make it to church on time Wednesday night, so I made no effort to get it looking really nice.

Baked Three Bean Casserole

1 lb. ground beef, browned
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vinegar
1 (15 oz.) can pork and beans, undrained
1 (15 oz.) can lima beans, drained
1 (15 oz.) can dark red kidney beans, drained

Mix everything together and bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes.

We like ours with corn bread, and I usually fix a salad or something with it, but I totally forgot lettuce at the grocery this week!  Any other ideas what I could serve with this?
 Cricket wanted me to take a picture of his bowl, too, and so here it is, complete with half-eaten bread.  :)
If your family likes baked beans, they'll like this for sure!  You can also add beef or chicken broth and make a yummy soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment